RCVS to advise would-be council candidates in virtual briefing
Would-be candidates for the RCVS council and VN council elections next year are to be briefed on what the posts will entail at a special virtual session later this month.
Nominations for the spring polls opened in November and senior officials will be taking part in the virtual event on Tuesday 20 December, between 4pm and 5pm.
The panel will include RCVS president Melissa Donald, chief executive Lizzie Lockett, registrar Eleanor Ferguson and VN council chair Matthew Rendle. Subjects on the agenda will include:
- the candidate nomination and election process
- the role of RCVS council and VN council in the governance of the RCVS and the regulation of the veterinary professions
- the RCVS and VN council committee structure and delegated powers
- key duties of RCVS and VN council members
- what is expected of members of RCVS council and VN council, including code of conduct and the principles of public life
Candidate nominations close at 5pm on 31 January and the elections are due to take place in March and April.
Places at the session are available free via an online link, while more information can be obtained by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Full details of the eligibility criteria for election candidates are available on the relevant pages for vets and VNs on the RCVS website.